Features
- 35 Built-in Stitches
- Easy Needle Threading
- Top Drop-in Bobbin
- Step Buttonhole
- Pattern Selection Dial
Customer Reviews
- A great value for a quality product!
I played with the dials on a piece of scrap fabric for a 10 minutes and then started on my projects. I did some light mending and then finished with sewing heavy outdoor fabric and the machine handled it all beautifully. The reverse stitch button is prominent and easy to push and the brother machine responds quickly. As an aside, the machine comes with lots of gizmos to do all kinds of special sewing projects (embroidery) and also 4 standard needles.
- Would be great if it wasn't completely useless!
This machine had all the features I was looking for right now, but the foot pedal has only one speed setting: light speed. Which would be fine if the person doing the sewing was a robot with Matrix-like faster-than-light reflexes, or if they could slow down time or something. As is, the machine is completely useless. The slightest amount of pressure on the pedal makes the fabric shoot out so fast that it immediately gets bunched up and it is impossible to keep it straight or see what it's doing. Other problems with this machine include: upper thread tension wheel doesn't seem to do anything at all (something another reviewer pointed out as well!), and on my machine the tension is permanently too tight.
- Love this machine!!! Brother Xl 3500T Sewing Machine
Its been about 12 years since I have sewed (on a borrowed machine)... I purchased this brother sewing machine in Feb and it was so easy to set up and use.. I am about halfway done a baby quilt and have really enjoyed sewing again. I think that if the machine hadn't worked so nicely I would have been frustrated. I haven't sewn enough to really know how to fix problems. The instruction manual was easy to follow and at one point when the tension wasn't right, the manual provided me what I needed to fix it.... I have a friend who sews regularly who recommended this to me and I have been exremely happy.....

No comments:
Post a Comment