Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brother Cs 8072 Sewing Machine

Brother Cs 8072 Sewing Machine comes with 40 stitches with computerized touch panel selection
72 stitch functions, including utility, decorative, heirloom, quilting, blanket and more. Brother Cs 8072 Sewing Machine have 6 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes (square, round, keyhole, & eyelet)
Automatic needle threader  Fast, automatic bobbin winding, Drop feed for free-motion quilting, darning, monograming, & embroidery. Create free-form or traditional quilt patterns. Free-arm/flat bed convertible sewing surface Sew fleece, elastic and other stretchy fabrics with the special built-in stretch stitches Use the built-in decorative stitches to embellish clothing, pillows, towels, more. Perfect for creating crazy quilt designs. Create delicate family pieces using the built-in heirloom & hemstitches
Embellish or join quilt blocks with the built-in quilting stitches Overedge Blankets and Hems with upt 1/4" straight or slant bars  Accessories for zipper insertion, darning, twin-needle stitching and button sewing Electronic speed limit control allows you to choose the most comfortable sewing speed for your project.

Product Features
·         40 stitches with computerized touch panel selection
·         72 stitch functions, including utility, decorative, heirloom, quilting, blanket & more
·         6 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes
·         1-step bobbin replacement with new quick-set top drop-in bobbin
·         Free-arm/flat bed convertible sewing surface
·         Sew fleece, elastic and other stretchy fabrics with the special built-in stretch stitches
·         Built-in sewing light
·         Built-in carrying handle and hard case
·         25 year limited warranty

Customer Reviews
- Pros and Cons - You Decide
I bought Brother Cs 8072 Sewing Machine for the price and the features, but I have to admit, I was nervous after reading some of the reviews that told about all the problems that they had right away. But I figured it had to be better than my 35-40 year old Kenmore. I want to state right away, I am very happy with my purchase thus far. I have managed to figure some things out. But, if you are looking for a good machine to quilt, this machine has all the features you will need, and it's priced so you can actually afford it. 2 other points to know, Amazon has a good return policy and from what I have heard, Brother has a good customer service history. These were 2 other deciding factors for me.

So here are my first impressions. I thought I was going to get a 1/4" foot that is shown in the instruction manual. I didn't. If it was supposed to be in the box, I'd love to hear from someone to let me know. I also read in the reviews that some people got a instructional DVD. I didn't get this, but if I was supposed to get it, I'd like to get it. The hard cover does not allow you to keep the machine plugged in to use it, so it's not going to be useful for me, except when I want to store it long term. I cover my machine whenever it's not in use with a quilted cover that I made for my old machine. Luckily, it fits my Brother.

Next problem was very strange. Suddenly the thread was bunching up on the bottom side of my project. Out came the instruction manual again, but the answer wasn't there. I changed the bobbin thread to a different color, which showed me that the top thread was the thread that was bunching up on the bottom. So I started messing with the tension again. But that wasn't helping at all! So I decided to try a different thread, and SHAZAM! it worked. The original thread I was using was a cheap thread, I changed it to a good quality thread. Lesson 2, Brother Cs 8072 Sewing Machine does not like cheap thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment