Brother Innov Is 40 Sewing Machine Features
- Advanced Needle Threading System
- Automatic Bobbin Winding System
- Automatic Reinforcement Function
- Drop Feed Function
- Free Arm
- Quick-Set™ Bobbin
- Stitch Length: Up to 5mm
- Stitch Width: Up to 7mm
- Upper Thread Tension System
Customer Review
- OK For The Price
My parents bought this Brother Innov Is 40 Sewing Machine to replace a disfunctional Singer they had just given me as a gift. Though some parts similar, this was the better budget-priced machine. I had no problems with the upright bobbin or thread tangling like some other users reported. My problems were with the feed dogs, which had difficulty with anything thicker than medium-weight denim, and the speed, which is fast ONLY - not so great on curves. My other complaint is that you cannot fine tune the stitch length or width, and you have to turn a screw to adjust the buttonhole length. I also had a problem with uneven thread tension. Finally, the manual was written and printed on a budget. In the interest of squeezing in four languages, directions were often too brief and did not correlate with the illustrations. I would recommend this machine to intermediate sewers primarily working with medium-weight woven fabrics.
- Good starter machine
I bought Brother Innov Is 40 Sewing Machine about 5 years ago when I wanted to learn how to sew and quilt. As a beginner, the bobbin can be tricky--but be patient! I haven't had any problems with the machine--keep it oiled and clean.This model has very minimal bells and whistles which is perfect for a beginner. I plan on upgrading soon, but I will still keep this machine for quilting.
- Great Product for Beginner Sewer
I purchased this machine for the same price several years ago. I used a sewing machine only once before during a Home Ec class in HS but wasn't into sewing at time. As a result I don't remember anything and for all intents and purposes was a novice. This is an excellent machine because it is so easy to use. The most important thing I did upon purchasing this machine was to read the manual and go through all the procedures. Because it was so easy to use I became quite an accomplished sewer and have saved several hundred dollars making personal and household items. With the savings I've made on these items the machine has more than paid for itself. I would recommend this machine for anyone who wants a trouble free product, though not at the price offered. Walmart has a new beginner Brother Innov Is 40 Sewing Machine with even more stitches and accessories for an even cheaper price than the one listed here though this model can do quite a lot even with only ten built in stitches.

No comments:
Post a Comment